23 May Five Things to do After Getting Engaged
Congratulations! You’re engaged. In a couple months, you will be stepping into a whole new chapter of your life with the love of your life at your side. After you spend the night of your engagement enjoying the moment and the company of your future spouse, it’s time to get back down to business.
There are some things you need to accomplish soon after getting engaged. Let’s talk about them.
Five Things to do After Getting Engaged
1. Enjoy the moment. Wedding planning can be a headache, so directly after you get engaged, you should take some time to enjoy it. Maybe you want to get away for a weekend or hole up in your place with your significant other just enjoying their company. Whatever way you like to have fun, take some time to do that with your partner.
2. Get your ring sized and insured. Usually you only have a few weeks to get this done after purchasing the ring. Even if the ring fits pretty well, it’s worth it to make sure it’s the right size for your finger and to also take the time to insure it as well. Your engagement ring is one of the most expensive and sentimental pieces you’ll ever own, so it needs to be protected.
3. Take engagement photos. You may not think so right now, but you’re going to want pictures of the process. Not only can you use the images for your wedding invitations, but you can also use them for social media posts and of course sticking them in a photo album to look back on in the future. Try to schedule your engagement photo session as soon after your actual engagement as possible.
4. Tell your family and friends. At this point, you probably already posted a couple pictures on social media, but for the people who don’t do social media, make sure you let them know you are engaged. When telling people about your engagement, the order actually matters. You should tell your closest family first, then the rest of your family, then your friends that are as close to you as family, and then everybody else.
5. Plan your wedding party. All right, now that all the fun stuff out of the way, it’s time to start planning your wedding. If you haven’t been planning this day for your entire life, then the first steps are to throw a wedding party and decide if you want to have an engagement party or not. You should pick your wedding party before you pick your wedding dates, to make sure everyone a no wedding party will be available on the date you get married.
Getting engaged is exciting, and it starts a new chapter of your life, but it also comes with a new list of things to do. When you first get engaged, take some time to enjoy the moment with other, but after that, get your ring sized and insured, plan your engagement photos, tell your family and friends you are getting married, and pick out your wedding party.